Jogi Löw announces (preliminary) squad for the Euros
Löw called up 27 players, including Julian Draxler and Marc-Andre ter Stegen who are both nominated for the first time. The team will meet on Friday to fly to the training camp in Sardinia together.
Goalies: Manuel Neuer (26, Bayern München), Tim Wiese (30, Werder Bremen), Marc-André ter Stegen (20, Borussia Mönchengladbach), Ron-Robert Zieler (23, Hannover 96)
Defenders: Holger Badstuber (23), Philipp Lahm (28), Jerome Boateng (23, all Bayern München), Marcel Schmelzer (24), Mats Hummels (23, both Borussia Dortmund), Per Mertesacker (27, FC Arsenal), Benedikt Höwedes (24, Schalke 04)
Midfielders: Bastian Schweinsteiger (27), Toni Kroos (22), Thomas Müller (22, all Bayern München), André Schürrle (21), Lars Bender (23, both Bayer Leverkusen), Sami Khedira (25), Mesut Özil (23, both Real Madrid), Marco Reus (22, Borussia Mönchengladbach), Sven Bender (23), Ilkay Gündogan (21), Mario Götze (19, all Borussia Dortmund), Julian Draxler (18, Schalke 04), Lukas Podolski (26, 1. FC Köln)
Strikers: Mario Gomez (26, Bayern München), Miroslav Klose (33, Lazio Rom), Cacau (31, VfB Stuttgart)
The 2012 Color Run is currently touring through 20 U.S. cities. The only requirement is wearing a white shirt. Throughout the run, participants are doused in bright pigments (cornstarch that is 100% natural and safe). Each kilometer is focused on a specific color – 1k is yellow, 2k is blue, 3k is green, 4k is pink, and the 5k finish is a “Colour Extravaganza” where a rainbow of hues are thrown.
This looks fun! Twin Cities run is set for July 15, 2012.
NYC is August 25th!
Introducing our new game called:
“Don’t Be A Di*k During Meals With Friends.”
The first person to crack and look at their phone picks up the check.
Our (initial) purpose of the game was to get everyone off the phones free from twitter/fb/texting and to encourage conversations.
1) The game starts after everyone has ordered.
2) Everybody places their phone on the table face down.
3) The first person to flip over their phone loses the game.
4) Loser of the game pays for the bill.
5) If the bill comes before anyone has flipped over their phone everybody is declared a winner and pays for their own meal.
-Starting the game after everyone is seated.
-In the rare event that multiple people flip their phones simultaneously, the bill is split between said players.
- Feel free to invoke penalties/strikes systems.
- No touching or messing with anybody else’s phones.
- You don’t have to stack the phones. This was done for picture taking purposes.
- I realize I should perhaps think of a different name for this awesome game. Because I don’t mean to imply that everyone who checks their phone during meals is a di*k.
- I recommend not being such a stickler or hardass on people about the rules and even initiation of the game. Basic premise is to just get people open to the idea of staying active and attentive to one another. But if someone has to take a call; they have to take a call =).
- Have fun! It’s really more of a fun concept in this new age high tech life of ours. Conversation is the spice of life.
Even i’m guilty of this pet-peeve, but this is a great concept